Joint Replacement – Sports Medicine – General Orthopaedic Surgery
Napa Valley native Dr. Michael Shifflett is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine, advanced arthroscopic surgery and joint replacement. He has served as Chief of Surgery at Queen of the Valley Hospital. A lifelong sports fan, Dr. Shifflett has cared for local high school and college athletes for more than 20 years.
Dr. Shifflett graduated from Justin-Siena in 1971, first in his class in academics and top senior athlete. He went on to earn Phi Beta Kappa honors in Anatomy and Physiology at UC Berkeley, then his M.D. from UCLA Medical School, and completed his Internship and Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at UC Davis, Sacramento.
Returning to the Valley in 1987, Dr Shifflett and his wife raised three children and became active in community programs.
Recognized as a leading orthopedist in the Valley, Dr. Shifflett is widely respected for his dedication of his personal time and resources to providing highly specialized care for our local athletes.
Specialty: Joint Replacement, Sports Medicine and General Orthopaedic Surgery
Medical School: University of California, Los Angeles
Residency: Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, UC-Davis
Advanced Training: Orthopaedic Trauma and Fracture Care
• 2010 – Named Napa Valley Healthcare Professional of the Year!
• 20+ years running orthopaedic athlete care on sidelines at Justin-Siena football games.
• Volunteer medical consultant for St. Helena and Calistoga High Schools and Napa Valley College athletic programs.
• Volunteer through Napa County Medical Society providing pre-season physical exams for local athletes.
• 20 years providing pediatric orthopaedic care through California Childrens Services.
Michael W. Shifflett, M.D. CREDENTIALS PDF